Administrator of National Oceanic and Atmospheric
- Pew Marine Conservation Fellow - $150,000 award (link).
- Founding principal of the Communication Partnership for
Science and the Sea - $710,000 from Moore (link).
- Seaweb Board member (link).
- Pew Oceans Commission member - $5.5
million from Pew (link).
- Joint Ocean Commission Initiative member (link).
- Professor at Oregon State University: $ 2.6 million from David &
Lucile Packard Foundation $
0.3 million from Pew Trusts $13.5 from Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation.
- Vice chair of Board Environmental Defense: $10.4 million from David & Lucile
Packard Foundation $
3.8 million from Pew Trusts $13.7 million from Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation $ 0.2 million from Surdna
- Co-founder Leopold Leadership Program: In 2007 Packard awarded $32.5 million from toStanford University for "the Leopold Leadership Program, the Environment and Energy building, and the Center for Ocean Solutions"
(search "sustainability" in 2007 here)
- Board member - Monterey Bay Aquarium Research
Institute: $217 million
from David & Lucile Packard Foundation.
- Her NOAA staff: Chief of Staff Margaret
Spring (ex Director, Nature Conservancy), Dep. Undersecretary
for Oceans and Atmosphere Monica Medina (ex Senior Officer,
Pew Environment Group), Director of Communications Justin
Kenney (ex Senior Public Affairs Officer at Pew Trusts and Director
of Communications for the Pew Commission), General Counsel Lois
Schiffer (ex Senior Vice President for Public Policy at the National Audubon Society).